If you are someone with a stash of fun child-oriented fabrics: Is there fabric taking up valuable space in your closet that you intended to use in a quilt or other craft project? Don’t feel guilty about not doing the project—donate it to us to be made into quilts for the children. We will be happy to send you a tax donation form! Fabric has to be “new,” unused, and not clothing or draperies, etc.
If you don’t sew, but still want to help: ADOPT A QUILT. A financial donation in any amount will go toward funding for fabric.
Spread the word: You may think it a small gesture, but spreading the word that Just Because Quilting is in need of fabric, funding and quilters will make all the difference in the world.
We appreciate several kinds of help and donations:
· Join us! Your expertise as a quilter is always welcome. Sew at home or at our monthly workshops. We have no business meetings and no dues! We have a friendly group and everyone helps each other.
· Finished items may be donated. Quilts must be made from previously unused 100% quilting-weight cotton fabric, machine pieced and heavily machine quilted (every 2-3 inches) using no fleece, embellishments or hand tying. No invisible or metallic thread. Launder your quilt and always check for pins before giving us a quilt.
· Unused 100% cotton quilting fabrics in kid-friendly colors and patterns are always needed. Mention Just Because Quilting to quilting friends and family. They may be looking for a way to thin their fabric collection and bringing comfort to kids in need may be just the incentive they need.
· Ask your longarm quilter for batting scraps. We stitch them together — batting is our greatest expense and this allows us to stretch our budget.
· To make a cash donation please write your check to “Quilts for Kids, Inc.“. By indicating “Just Because Quilting” as a note on your check (and envelope, too) your donation will help kids in the Aitkin County Area. Mail to:
Quilts for Kids, Inc.
494 Lincoln Highway
Fairless Hills, PA 19030